About

I had a partial molar pregnancy in June of 2009. After recovering over the summer I had a healthy pregnancy with Violette Sophia, born June 2010. Find information about molar pregnancy (in October 2010 posts) and my adventure to and through motherhood here.

Saturday, April 9, 2011

Cloth Diaper Reviews 3


Fuzzibunz OS-I could wax poetic about Fuzzibunz One Size (OS) diapers.  These differ a lot from other One Size diapers.  Most OS have adjustability in the front rise using snaps.  FB OS have their adjustability in the legs and waist using elastic.  The elastic pokes tucks into little holes in the fleece anchored by a button.  There are two on each side for the leg elastic and two for the waist.  I LOVE this option because you can completely customize the fit.  Since Vy is has slim thighs (Oh please Lord, bless her with this her whole life!) I can set the legs on size 4 while the waist is at size 3.  It took me a little while to figure out (with no leaks while on larger setting), but now the diapers fit trim and snug.

Fuzzibunz Perfect Size-Again with the Fuzzibunz love.  These do not fit Vy as well as the OS, but might be perfect for chunkier babies.  With the hip snap to fit the legs and double snaps on the waist to avoid wing droop, this is a great diaper.  I bought Mediums because I suspect Vy will be in that size the longest.  So far she’s still on the tightest settings at 9 months so we’ll get a lot of wear out of these diapers.  They also work great with a hemp insert for a nighttime pocket, with room to grow into it’s not too bulky.

Fuzzibunz OS Hemp-These are exactly the same as the FB OS except they only come in a vanilla/khaki color and come with a hemp insert.  If you’re using the hemp insert alone this diaper is VERY trim.  I had tighten the legs a whole size to stop leak since the hemp insert is less bulky that the microfiber.  Now that I’ve done that, I love this diaper!  I use it the most when we are going to be out and about or I know she will nap on a long car ride.

Baby Chai-Bamboo AI2-  I don’t use these as AI2s very much although I do have extra inserts.  These fit great, the serged edges are really soft.  The inside of the diaper is bamboo fleece, the insert is bamboo, and the outside is bamboo velour.  We love us some bamboo velour in our house!  But, with only one snap in insert we have wetness on the outside, so it’s more like sturdy, no cover needed fitted for us.  I am going to try doubling up inserts to see if I can eek out two changes out of this for a true AI2.

Happy Heiny OS-These are great if you want an aplix diaper that a toddler can’t get off.  We have had troubles with our Bum Genius and our Bummis covers in that department, but so far the Happy Heinys are very hard for my daughter to peel off on her own.   I always like an overlapping waist band as well.  They come in fun colors (like SUPER hot pink) and the inner fleece is soft.  I also like that it has four rows of rise snaps instead of the customary 3, giving you an in-between size for older infants/young toddlers.

Blueberry Pockets-I bought these as seconds, they were a nothing special pocket.  The fit was slightly bulky, but not as bulky as BumGenius.  Not much to say, but I did get a good deal on a PUL and a minky.

Swaddlebee Pockets-These are great trim diaper.  When I first got the medium size I was SURE that I must have misread the sizing information and they were going to be too small.  I was very wrong, they fit on my 18lb girl on the tightest snap setting, and they really are cut that trim.  These are a side snapping diaper with a microfiber/bamboo insert so they have great absorbency.  I ordered two more as seconds in the next size up because I love this diaper so much.

GTD Prefolds-The Clotheeze/Green Mountain Diaper prefolds are great.  I chose to get bleached for a classic look.  They took a few washes to reach full absorbency, and I still feel like they have more softness coming, however it’s hard to consistently get my crazy daughter to stay still enough for me to use a snappy.  We are using red edges which have the largest weight range for fit.

Even MORE Reviews to come!  Next time: a WAHM special!

No comments:

Post a Comment