About

I had a partial molar pregnancy in June of 2009. After recovering over the summer I had a healthy pregnancy with Violette Sophia, born June 2010. Find information about molar pregnancy (in October 2010 posts) and my adventure to and through motherhood here.

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Stay at Home Mom-Why do I have to be so literal?

Violette has settled in nicely with us, it's like she was always here.  Eric and I find ourselves saying things like, "It was so BORING without her,"  "What did we ever do without her?  Same old shit."  Violette fits in so perfectly with us.

Things are a lot busier though, so that's been taking some getting used to.  Some days I only get out of the house to go on our daily walk.  That's been hard.  With so many naps to schedule in I feel like it's not worth it do go on needless errands (like picking up my gossip at the newsstand every Thursday for instance) aren't worth it if Violette is going to miss her naps.  Who have I become? 

Mostly I miss going to the gym everyday.  GTL had it's great renaissance with me last summer and those days are over for now.  I just can't stand the thought of leaving my infant at the gym day care.  I know it's a pretty bourgeois gym, but who is to say there aren't lice on the children of the bourgeoisie?

This is time is so precious though, we won't get it back.  So if I spend my day playing with my daughter and reading televisionwithoutpity.com while she naps, so be it.  It is weird-the complete change in perspective.  When Eric and I go out on dates I revel in crossing an empty parking space (true story).  Being able to step into a slightly hazardous situation feels like wild abandon these days, simply because I only have to think about my safety and not someone else's. 

I'm going to have to join a play group soon.  I'm sort of looking forward to that and sorta not.  We'll see.  

No comments:

Post a Comment