About

I had a partial molar pregnancy in June of 2009. After recovering over the summer I had a healthy pregnancy with Violette Sophia, born June 2010. Find information about molar pregnancy (in October 2010 posts) and my adventure to and through motherhood here.

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Honorable Mention Baby Items

Thinking back, I had to give honorable mention to some other items that I love, but aren't in that lifesaving category or didn't last the entire first 6 months, etc:

Ergo Performance Carrier:  I have two carriers, the My Baby Nest, which is a wrap style carrier, and the Ergo.  The My Baby Nest was great when Vy was little.  The Ergo is IT when it comes to carrying her around while we're out and about (she gets sick of the car seat) and when I need full mobility of both arms.  The performance is super light and like all Ergo models, it's super comfy for all body types.

Puj Tub:  The Puj tub was perfect for bathing Vy when she was littler.  It would have continued to be great if she wasn't such a tall baby and our sinks were bigger.  As a new mom I felt secure bathing her in the Puj and it was really easy and fast to set up.  I think if we had a larger sink with a different faucet I would have used it longer.

Camera: Specifically, a camera with a burst mode or fast shutter.  I use my iPhone a lot since I can take several photos at a time to get that perfect picture.  But I've been slowly using my point and shoot digital since the quality is better and it has a burst mode where it takes one picture every second.

Water Boiler:  We have a Zoshirushi water boiler that keeps water at a boil all day long.  Having boiling water is great when you have a little one.  Its great for warming bottles, flash sterilizing dropped pacifiers (depending on where they were dropped), and helps the dinner process along.

Baby Nail Scissors:  Don't know what's wrong with me but I am a klutz when it comes to trimming Violette's nails with a baby nail cutter.  I always seem to leave a jagged end and it's annoying.  This weekend I got some Tweezerman Baby Nail Scissor/File set and it is SO much easier to cut her nails.  There's safety guard that helps you not cut too short.

No comments:

Post a Comment