About

I had a partial molar pregnancy in June of 2009. After recovering over the summer I had a healthy pregnancy with Violette Sophia, born June 2010. Find information about molar pregnancy (in October 2010 posts) and my adventure to and through motherhood here.

Friday, February 25, 2011

Random thoughts, musing, and kvetching brought on by a week of cabin fever

Yes, I live in California.  Yes, I know there is no such thing as cabin fever here.  But it is DAMN cold this week!  At the same time I'm hoping for snow on the beach early this morning.  Why?  Because I want to take a picture of my kid on a sandy snowy beach.  Is that too much to ask of global warming?  An odd and rare photo op?  I think not.  Anyway, I've been saving up some random thoughts for my blog, so here we go:


The C-string is insanity.  If you don't know what it is, google (probably nsfw).  It has NOTHING to do with html coding.

Can Jennifer Aniston stop posing semi nude for semi men's magazines?  For Christ's sake woman, COMMIT!  I'm all for nudity, it's this flirting around the edges that makes me nuts.  Why does she do this?  I will NOT "just go with it."

Can we all agree that fur vests are NOT going to happen?  I like me some Rachael Zoe, she is Buh-na-nuhs, I die.  But really, vests are bad enough on their own, they really only have a place with hikers.  But even in a world where it snows on beaches, I can't think of one social occasion where a fur vest (or even a faux fur vest) would be appropriate attire.

I love me some Mad Men as much as the next girl, but I'm beginning to suspect that nothing has really changed in the ad industry since Don Draper's (historical yet fictional) day.  Somewhere in a city with high rises, some bitch called Peggy Olsen has decided that along with reliable birth control, I want the following for my life: a Grad School degree, a Significant Other, a picnic by a waterfall, a baby, a trip to Japan, a trip to Paris, lotions and potions, presents, tea cups, make up, a house (a purple one at that), cupcakes, a yellow car, and a hot air balloon ride.  A picnic by a waterfall?  Seriously?  Way to sell out your own sex, Peggy.  Perhaps it's shoddy timing, but I just can't swallow this when the House is making decisions like this.  


Portlandia is awesome.  It reminds me of Santa Cruz.  Especially Zachary's-the hipster invasion is complete.  Cue my sad face.


Royal Pains has gotten really schlocky.  Dr Hank needs to go practice on House since he can cure anything and everything.


This turned into more kvetching then musing, but what are you gonna do?



2 comments:

  1. The C-string is insanity, I agree. I didn't know what it was so I followed your advice and googled it. And what did I see? Next to a picture of a very uncomfortable looking piece of underwear I saw "Pink C String $5.50 used - eBay" eeeewwww!

    ReplyDelete